Sunday, June 24, 2007

Starting Off

Since I moved to DC 11 years ago, I have wanted to catalogue and map statues in the District of Columbia and provide biographical information of the people represented by the statues.

Thanks to Google Maps and Wikipedia, the technology exists to make this a fairly easy task.

A friend called this the Dead White Guy on Horseback Tour. There are certainly many of them, but we'll see what surprises are out there.

The map will be work a progress and can be viewed here. Wikipedia links to the person depicted in the statue will be accessible on the map.

This blog will chronicle the effort to complete the map.

If you think I missed a statue or want to let me know of an interesting or out of the way statue that I may not know of, please drop me a line. Thanks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A very promising start to the endeavor... looking forward to joining and upcoming golem hunt.